Von Smackie

Post by Von Smackie on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:53 am

Von Smackie

Nickname(s): None.

Race:  Vampire, Fledgling.

Organization: Independent.

Organization Rank: None.

Character's Appearance

Von is Light skinned and has large green eyes and naturally light brown hair. She dyes her hair purple though... what? She likes the colour. She is 5' 5" with an athletic build, she used to be a runner. Usually wears mismatched clothes but always manage to pull off an outfit with a style all her own. Think boho chic, moccasins, over sized shirts and shorts. She has a penchant for winged eyeliner and a heavy hand when it comes to blush.

Clothing example:

Personality Information

Von is a fairly cheerful vampire with a fairly shmuck-y personality. She’s got some spunk to her and likes to cause trouble. She makes friends easily and is pretty fun to be around. She would rather not fight but if she has to she’s always ready to throw down. She is fiercely protective of those she cares about and does what she can to help them when they need it. She is a big believer of karma and tries not to do anything to nasty to anyone for fear of the consequences. She’s a mess and a little lost right now but she believes if she keeps on truckin’ she’ll be just fine. Her father raised her to be kind and to believe the best in people and although she doesn't remember (due to the amnesia she acquired after being turned) his teachings they are still ingrained in her being.  She's still experiencing life and learning as she goes.  She is however, a little sore about not being able to remember things from before her re-birth and tends to stay away from thinking of that topic.

Equipment Information

Her purse in which she carries:

Her Nexus 5 and 7 (her nexus 7 has a over 500 books on it, mostly YA and some games like fruit ninja)
Chargers and a lipstick battery.
Her wallet with her ID, debit card, credit card, store cards (like forever 21 and sephora) and cash.
A bag of o-, her favourite, for emergency purposes.

Her makeup bag which consists of: one Kat-Von D Pen Liner, three lipsticks (two Revlon lip butters in nude and orange, and one Too Faced spice lipstick), one EOS chapstick, Benefit Brow Wiz, A Wet and Wild Blush, And Eyeko Skinny Brush Maraca, The Naked Basics pallet, a Juicy couture roller-ball and brushes to apply everything with.

Altoids
Nail Clippers and Metal Nail File
Keys to her apartment
A mini Moleskin sketchbook and a mechanical pencil

Character Abilities

Regenerative Potential: Level 2 (10 posts for major damage)
Physical Abilities: Level 1 (Minor supernatural strength, agility, stamina and reflexes)
Durability: Level 0 (No noticeable difference compared to an average human), small tolerance to sliver and blessed weapons (still killable through excessive uses of conventional force)
Additional Supernatural Abilities: Ability to turn people of the opposite sex into vampires like themselves by allowing a victim to ingest their blood, drain a victim of blood to turn them into somewhat weak Revenants, the need to drink blood occasionally, large weakness to sunlight (diluted burning sensation), access to vampiric Third Eye, sink in large bodies of water and cannot cross unassisted, become 1 level weaker in all appropriate abilities when surrounded by running water.

She is charismatic and good at talking to people and in front of people.
She can draw and paint.
She was a brown belt in Shotokan Karate.
And she took tap-dancing for 6 years in her pre-teen/ early teen years.

She can't cook to save her life or sew.
And she has insomnia even as a vampire.

Character Biography

Before becoming a vampire Von had a very normal life. She was named after her grandfather on her mothers side, who's name was Vaughan. She was born to a loving family and raised by her father after her mother passed away from cancer early in her life. Growing up she wasn’t popular but nor was she an outcast. Her father pulled double duty and tried to be as much of a mother to her as she needed, though he could never quite fulfill the role. He never remarried or dated, though he had the chance plenty of times. While Von sometimes missed having a mother she wouldn't trade in the time she had with her father for anything. He was always very supportive of Von and told her she could do anything she wanted if she worked hard for it.

She was an art geek and had her own little gang of friends that stayed fairly close after high school and throughout college. After college she decided to move to New York and try her hand at the starving artist lifestyle. She loved every minute of it but alas made no money selling her art and took up bar tending to make up for that. She worked hard, made good tips and was always friendly to the patrons. It was perfect until she was nice to the wrong patron and caught his eye.

She was born from violent, traumatic event which has given her amnesia. She doesn’t remember her life or family, though her father is alive and looking for her, before being born a vampire. One night when walking home from work she took a shortcut down an alley way, which she had done hundreds of times before, but that night luck was not on her side. Without warning she was fed upon, changed and left as a sort of experiment to see how long she would survive. When she next awoke, she knew something as different but didn’t know what, left with cash and only her I.D. it took a lot of trial and error for her to learn the ropes of being a vampire. And while thinking about being turned and being abandoned is a sore spot for her, she does hope to meet her creator one day because she has a lot of questions.

Presently she still lives in New York and is still serving drinks but at a different bar. She loves the city but is saving up to go traveling sometime in the future. As for feeding, she has managed to keep a low profile and has a few “friends” (Tyler and Vanessa Green) she visits a few times a week. Tyler is a nurse and the person that first found  Von after she had been turned. Luck was on her side because Tyler and his wife Vanessa are big into the Occult subculture and recognized Von for what she was. Instead of running in fear, they decided to help her, because how cool is it to have a vampire for a friend? Tyler steals blood from the hospital he works at for Von, him and Vanessa also package their own blood for her to take home.

Other than being a vampire her life is pretty normal and she likes it that way.

Last edited by Von Smackie on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Von Smackie

Character sheet
Souls: 1
Organization: Independent
Race: Vampire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Von Smackie

Post by John Smith on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:18 am

Von Smackie wrote:Age: 25, Born: June 21, 1989

Race:  Vampire.

Organization: Independent.

Organization Rank: None.

Special Snowflake name is special. Also, give us your vampire ranking along with the race for easy access.

Character's Appearance wrote:Light skin, large green eyes and purple hair (what? She likes the colour.) 5' 5" with an athletic build. Usually wears mismatched clothes but always manage to pull off an outfit with a style all her own. She has a penchant for winged eyeliner and a heavy hand when it comes to blush.

We don't take kindly to lists in these parts. Write that stuff out using those "sentence" things we learned about in elementary school.

As for the content, it works, overall. Maybe include natural hair color (but it's probably not relevant, since vampires don't age or have hair growth). Examples on clothing would be nice.

Personality Information wrote:Von is a fairly cheerful vampire with a fairly shmuck-y personality. She’s got some spunk to her and likes to cause trouble. She makes friends easily and is pretty fun to be around. She would rather not fight but if she has to she’s always ready to throw down. She is fiercely protective of those she cares about and does what she can to help them when they need it. She is a big believer of karma and tries not to do anything to nasty to anyone for fear of the consequences. She’s a mess and a little lost right now but she believes if she keeps on truckin’ she’ll be just fine.

Fairly good start, but I want you to dive in there and rip everything out. Look at some other sheets and see how deeply people go into people. Special mention would be to things like being a vampire and the need to drink blood to live compared to what seems to be a largely non-confrontational nature.

Equipment Information wrote:Her purse in which she carries her phone, wallet, Tablet, some makeup and other odds and ends, like a metal nail file.

Really going to need expansion here. What kind of phone? What kind of tablet? What's in the wallet? What brand of makeup? Does she have blood? What about hard candy?

Character Abilities wrote:

Regenerative Potential: Level 1
Physical Abilities: Level 0
Durability: Level 0
Additional Supernatural abilities: Ability to turn people of the opposite sex into vampires like themselves by allowing a victim to ingest their blood, drain a victim of blood to turn them into very weak Revenants, required to drink blood often, large weakness to sunlight, sink in large bodies of water and cannot cross unassisted, become 1 level weaker in all appropriate abilities when surrounded by running water

Give me MORE. This isn't just for vampire powers. This is a section for any kind of skill or ability your character has. Maybe they can cook. Or sew. Or tapdance.

I vote tapdancing.

Character Biography wrote:Before becoming a vampire Von had a very normal life.

Don't we all?

Obviously wrote:She was born to a loving family and raised by her father after her mother passed away from cancer early in her life.

Bringing out the tragic past a little bit early this time.

When the other one dying? wrote:Growing up she wasn’t popular but nor was she an outcast. She was an art geek and had her own little gang of friends that stayed fairly close after high school and throughout college.

Art seems to be a skill worth adding.

Reading wrote:After college she decided to move to New York and try her hand at the starving artist lifestyle. She loved every minute of it but alas made no money selling her art and took up bar tending to make up for that. She worked hard, made good tips and was always friendly to the patrons. It was perfect until she was nice to the wrong patron and caught his eye.

I know what's happening, but warning lights of a different nature still went off. Maybe slow down a bit, too. Give us a feel for how life was with a single parent and all that. Where'd she live first, too? I'm also interested in seeing what the thought process of parents of the illustrious Smackie clan naming their child Von.

These motherfuckers German and know nothing about the language? wrote:She was born from violent, traumatic event which has given her amnesia. She doesn’t remember her life or family, though her father is alive and looking for her, before being born a vampire. One night when walking home from work she took a shortcut down an alley way, which she had done hundreds of times before, but that night luck was not on her side. Without warning she was fed upon, changed and left as a sort of experiment to see how long she would survive. When she next awoke, she knew something as different but didn’t know what, left with cash and only her I.D. it took a lot of trial and error for her to learn the ropes of being a vampire. And while thinking about being turned and being abandoned is a sore spot for her, she does hope to meet her creator one day because she has a lot of questions.

See, here's some stuff to mention in personality. I'm assuming the memory loss is from repression, but it'd be good to specifically mention that up there, too.

Is papa not dying? wrote:Presently she still lives in New York and is still serving drinks but at a different bar. She loves the city but is saving up to go traveling sometime in the future. As for feeding, she has managed to keep a low profile and has a few “friends” she visits a few times a week. Other than being a vampire her life is pretty normal and she likes it that way.

Who these "friends" we talk of in quotes only? I'm assuming they get her blood or let her feed from them, but why?

Other than that, we've got a good base here. Mostly just need expansion and clarification. I predict an approval within the next few days. Do not disappoint me.

"My deck is not incoherent baby screams." T-Mikes

John Smith
Admin

Character sheet
Race: Human

View user profile http://boblogical.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Smith on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:03 pm

We're still a bit short, but I'll make an exception this one time, since we need to be gentle during your first time. Don't expect this kindness again. We'll be going in full force with no holding back

Approvals: 1
Disapprovals: 0

"My deck is not incoherent baby screams." T-Mikes

John Smith
Admin

Character sheet

View user profile http://boblogical.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 am

I like this, I feel that it is passable, and like John said this is your first character sheet ever so I'll definitely be merciful with it. On the whole though I really like that we've got a vampire who is still trying to be average, and adjust to life as a vampire but still continue doing what she did before. We don't get that....ever....Normally they kind of take what they get, and run, and go try and kill everything in their sight, nothing wrong with that though, makes things pretty fun around here.

But ya, juding THIS sheet.

Approved. congrats Smile

Approvals: 2

Disapprovals: 0

Almighty Lord, Word of God the Father, Jesus Christ, God and Lord of all creation; who gave to your holy apostles the power to tramp underfoot serpents and scorpions; who along with the other mandates to work miracles was pleased to grant them the authority to say: "Depart, you devils!" and by whose might Satan was made to fall from heaven like lightning; I humbly call on your holy name in fear and trembling, asking that you grant me, your unworthy servant, pardon for all my sins, steadfast faith, and the power - supported by your mighty arm - to confront with confidence and resolution this cruel demon. I ask this through you, Jesus Christ, our Lord and God, who are coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.
~Exorcism Rite of 1999.

http://duskcrusade.pro-forum.co.uk/t16-father-anthony-diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet
Souls: 2
Organization: True Cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Travers on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:15 pm

I wish that I didn't have to be the one to do this but I've got to break the mold a bit here. I've read your stuff before, Von. You're an incredible writer capable of really diving into the heart of a character and uncovering what makes them tick. In this sheet though, I don't see that same passion and it seems like you're pulling the chute at surface level stuff.

APPROVALS: 02

DISAPPROVALS: 01
Henry Travers
Admin

Character sheet
Souls: 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zulu on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Supposedly after some laxness, I hereby bestow upon thee the official stamp of APPROVAL.

You may now kiss the bride.

APPROVAL: 03
DENIAL: 01

Mission Count Mags -

A. Rifle: 4 magazines

M26 Modular Accessory Shotgun System: 2 magazines

Pistol: 4 magazines.
Zulu
Admin

Character sheet
Souls: 4
Organization: V.W.A.T.